The Ancient Order of Hibernians, Brian Boru Division 14, Old Bridge, Middlesex County, NJ with the approval of the New Jersey State Board in association with the Saint Columbkill Knights Major Degree Team invite you to the upcoming
Major Degree Ceremony
Saturday April 22, 2007
Knights of Columbus Hall
St. Thomas the Apostle #4815
16 Pine St
Old Bridge, NJ 08857
11:00AM (Sign In) Registration
Bagels, Coffee and Light Refreshments
Noon Shamrock Degree Ceremony
1:00PM Major Degree Ceremony
Cost: $35.00 Candidates – $30.00 Observers
Observing with no admittance to the reception is free
Following the degree ceremonies, there will be a reception.
Variety of Sandwiches and a Cash bar
We ask that you stress not only the importance of the Order’s long standing ceremony but the obligation each member must live by its great motto. As we continue to strive to strengthen the foundation, the sponsors of the event hope to increase the number of degreed brothers and bring together divisions from around the state and celebrate our Catholic – Irish heritage. Our goal is that each of us join and unify trough a special unity as Hibernian’s and end the day as a stronger more unified Brotherhood. At the time when you were initially sworn into your division and took the oath, you promised “To take the test of the Order. Now is the time to fulfill that promise.”
To get an accurate headcount for food, refreshments and hall rental, we also ask that all Division Presidents reach out to all division members and gather a list of each member attending the Degree and contact Larry Prelle with your list of attendees no later than April 10th. Seating is limited.
Larry Prelle, Vice President
New Jersey State Board
Mailing Address: PO Box 41, National Park, NJ 08063
Cell Phone: 856-745-7974
Please observe the following:
1) Travel cards are required by all for admittance. Newly sworn in brothers who have not yet received their travel cards may be vouched for by their division.
2) The exemplification of the Major Degree Ceremony is open to all formally sworn in members of the Order, who are in good standing in their division.
3) All officers are required to be degreed members of the Order. Officers from newly established divisions are required to obtain their degree at the next available Major Degree ceremony to hold office.
4) All degreed AOH members are welcome and urged to join in and help us in welcoming our newly degreed members to the Order.
5) Dress code is business casual. This means absolutely NO tee shirts, shorts and or sneakers. Comfortable shoes are highly recommended.
6) Please bring a non-perishable food item with you. There will be a collection box for local distribution.
7) Consumption of alcoholic beverages is NOT permitted in the hall during the ceremony.
GO MBEANNAI DIA DUIT